The Girl's Guide to Giving Back

Give When You Give. My recommendations for unique and hand crafted gifts for all occassions that donate a portion of their proceeds to reputable non-profits and local artisans.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Polo Pink Pony

Did y'all have a nice weekend!? We had an action packed one here in SB. We had our friends Carey and Brian up on Saturday- Sunday, with their adorable baby Chase. Then on Sunday, we were lucky enough to see our cousin, Gaby, play in a soccer tourney! Then the whole clan came back to Casa Klein for burgers and hot dogs. We had a great time... Today I also bought my sister-in-law a gift off the Susan Komen Foundation site. I'll let it be a secret until she gets it, but I certainly am using my own blog! It really makes gift giving easier when you've thought ahead about good charitable ideas..

Anyway, today I am focusing on the Pink Pony line from Polo! 10% of proceeds support programs for early diagnosis, education, treatment and research for cancer. The fund is dedicated to bringing patient navigation and quality cancer care to medically underserved communities. AND the stuff is cute! This shirt is one of the more affordable ones. If you're feeling like Melinda Gates, there are some beautiful cashmere sweaters . I've always loved the pony...