The Girl's Guide to Giving Back

Give When You Give. My recommendations for unique and hand crafted gifts for all occassions that donate a portion of their proceeds to reputable non-profits and local artisans.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Guadalajara

If you aren't reading the My Cancer blog at NPR, you are truly missing something special. I'm obssessed with it, and read it every day. Here's a little info on him from the NPR site:

In May 2006, Leroy Sievers began a Morning Edition commentary on his fight with cancer by saying, "My doctors are trying to kill me." Sievers is now contributing monthly commentaries to Morning Edition, writing the daily "My Cancer" blog on NPR.org and voicing a weekly podcast.

I find Leroy's blog deeply inspiring. I also read the comments as many of the people who comment on his blog have extremely profound things to say and unfortunately have cancer themselves. Today, for example, someone with esophageal cancer posted the following quote which she uses to guide her day-to-day life with cancer:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Speaking of great moments, our Guadalajara trip:


1 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beth,
    Since you are into the blog-thing (I am too, by the way) you should check out my friend Katie's blog. She is one of those creative types and the narritive she shares is fun to read. ckmulder.blogspot.com
    -Chelsey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home