The Girl's Guide to Giving Back

Give When You Give. My recommendations for unique and hand crafted gifts for all occassions that donate a portion of their proceeds to reputable non-profits and local artisans.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Unicef - Great Gifts!

Finding content for my blog isn't the easiest. It's surprising difficult to think of stores and/or charities that offer charitable gift giving, and that are truly legit. Oftentimes I'll cruise well known charities and see if they have a gift section. And most of the time, they don't and just feature a place to donate cash (not that that's a bad thing! Donate away!). That's what brings me to today's post about Unicef. Not only do they feature tons of gifts (for adults, kids, stationary), but they are actually gifts that I would really give to friends and family! For instance, check out this bag. Here's the description from the Unicef site:

This carry-all is made from natural jute and has a cotton lining, an interior pocket and cord ties. The design is traditionally screen printed and finished with pretty blue and green sequins and translucent beads. Made in Bangladesh as part of a community project which gives some 60 women the security of earning a living, feeding and educating their children, while creating the bags from home.


The best part? It's only $15! Anyone who knew my mom, would know that she would have loved this bag. She LOVED elephants. I think my best friend Dani would like this too. It reminds me of all of her travels... I'm sensing a Holiday Gift in the making. I'll definitely be checking out Unicef in the future for gifts....

1 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! Thanks for coming by my place and for your support of our Cancer Sucks campaign. You've got a great site here.
    So sorry to hear about your parents - that should NOT be happening to so many people.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home