The Girl's Guide to Giving Back

Give When You Give. My recommendations for unique and hand crafted gifts for all occassions that donate a portion of their proceeds to reputable non-profits and local artisans.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

India

Wow! I'm back. What a crazy trip. India is by far the most unique place I have ever travelled to. I can't even put it in words really.

We got home last night around 11am, and the first thing we did this morning was our favorite Sunday ritual -- reading the New York Times! That's where I saw Saks Fifth Avenue's latest ad. Apparantely, from October 12th to 15th, all Saks stores and saks.com will donate 2% of sales, (and Off 5th stores will donate 1% of sales up to $1 million) to benefit local and national women’s cancer charities.

So if you need any of that makeup that you can only get at Department Stores (Crem La Mer? Chanel Vamp Nail Polish?), why not buy it from Saks.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home