The Girl's Guide to Giving Back

Give When You Give. My recommendations for unique and hand crafted gifts for all occassions that donate a portion of their proceeds to reputable non-profits and local artisans.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Give Back

Christmas was a whirlwind at the Klein household. We held our first Xmas Eve dinner and played UNO until 1am. I actually won! Which I can honestly say was the first time I have ever won anything in my entire life. I hope that bodes well for the new year. Since 2006 kinda sucked, I am hoping my UNO experience is a bit of foreshadowing for 2007. What are your resolutions? Here are mine:

1. Do Yoga twice a week, even though it's not politically correct to leave work in the middle of the day for two hours

2. Keep writing on this blog, even though no one really reads it

3. Actually practice what I preach-- give more. Give time, give money, just give

4. Smile more, enjoy more, love more, be nicer

5. Be more creative in all aspects of my life

So now that you've received hundreds of dollars worth of gifts that you didn't really want, why not treat yourself to something that you do actually want! My friend Elana over at Future Fashionista is having a site-wide 35% off sale until Jan1st. And as usual, she donates $1 off every purchase on her site to a charity of the month. This month the charity is, "My stuff bags Foundation." Thanks to Elana for inspiring me to write here again.

Why not buy yourself this adorable necklace?




















We're off to NYC to celebrate New Years. I wish the best for everyone. Health, Happiness, and most importantly, FUN!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Beth,

    I read it!

    Yes, '06 sucked. In so many major ways and has continued to do so.
    I am with you... practice what I preach.
    YES. YES. Do not stoop to low levels.
    I currently have someone who thrives on being passive aggressive and petty with me.
    It has brought me down on many more than one occasion.
    I REFUSE to acknowledge it with the person or to act in kind.
    Do not believe in retribution as given by anyone other than a higher power (or maybe the law ...lol).
    Give and Give and GIVE!
    I worked 75 hours last week and then volunteered for 4 hours on Christmas Eve and for 5 on Christmas day.
    I was overwhelmed. But it all worked out.
    You and I can relate to loss.
    I know you have a huge support system...but I am always around to share.
    And frankly, my support system dwindled...and I could use an ear, shoulder, or hand...whenever there is one to spare.
    I need to update my necklaces, it is looooooong overdue. I realize that looking around here on your site.
    There is so much phoniness and greed in the world... it does my heart good to see someone pure, like you, who wants to make a difference and help people be aware.
    I am totally envious of all your travels!!
    : - )
    I hope you have a wonderful time in NYC.

    Love,
    Jenny

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    au contraire, dearest niece, I read your blog all the time! Only wish I could afford all the nifty things that are on there. Keep it up ... you are doing good things ... and I love you for it! Auntie L

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Hi Beth!

    Just dropping by to show some love to your page, and see if you'd be interested in another link exchange. I've got a new blog called The Haute Dog. It's at http://thehautedog.blogspot.com.

    xo

    Mandy

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read! I read!
    (Dani's friend)

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read it too! I find it inspirational that you take time to share different ways to give, support, and help others think.
    My world was so much about MY little world in 2006--2007 is the year to get back to THE world as my world. It is about listening, learning, and remembering to continue to put positive things out there. Sometimes making someone else laugh just once is all the difference they needed that day--I'm going to pay attention to the little things.
    Hug to you, friend. Keep blogging.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That last one is from me and I forgot to sign my name. D :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home